Friday, August 14, 2009

Is There a Need for Balance?

By no means am I a scientist by any stretch of the imagination, however, . . I never let things like that stop me from going ahead and sounding stupid!

That said. . .

Earlier today, I wrote somewhat indirectly about my perception of the need for a balance between concern for self and concern for others. Through the lenses of my life, I see all things striving to discover their center of gravity - striving to achieve balance.

When things find that center, that balance, things are at peace. . .until the next movement significant enough to knock everything off center again, which perpetuates the cycle - a constant flux between chaos and balance.

Generally, for me, a sense of balance is comforting.

At the same time, for me, chaos provides fertile ground for creative opportunity.

Which brings me back to my inherent need for balance - even when it's a a matter of balancing ballance with chaos.

I'm getting dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment